Looking to make a difference this Giving Tuesday? Please consider donating to one of these mental health organizations.
1. American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP): AFSP is a national charity that supports research and care, helping to understand the causes of suicide and provide support to those affected by it. AFSP works with federal and state government to create policies that prevent suicide and care for those at risk. Click here to donate.
2. Child Mind Institute (CMI): An organization that is devoted to improving the lives of children and families struggling with mental illness and learning disorders. CMI empowers families, providers and policymakers to support the mental health of children when they need it the most. Donate to CMI here.
3. National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): While NAMI began as a grassroots organization, it has since grown into one of the nation’s leading voices in mental health. NAMI specializes in education, advocacy and anti-stigma campaigns. Click here to donate.
4. The Trevor Project: Founded in 1998 by the creators of Academy Award winning film “TREVOR.” The Trevor Project is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer or questioning (LGBTQ) youth through research, education and crisis intervention. Donate here.
5. Mental Health America (MHA): Founded in 1909, MHA is one of the longest-running community-based nonprofits. MHA promotes mental health as a critical part of overall wellness and addresses the needs of those living with mental illness through advocacy, peer support and outreach. Donate to MHA here.
6. The Steve Fund: An organization that works with colleges and universities, non-profits, researchers, mental health experts, families and young people to promote programs and strategies that build understanding and assistance for the mental and emotional health of the nation’s young people of color. Click here to donate.